Thursday, June 24, 2010

Movin' On Up...

Took me two hours to log in today. Why? Because I screwed up my log-in email address when I signed on to Blogger. I was wondering why this weird address kept showing up in my cookies. Duh. I was sooo close to tears. Patience might be a virtue but it's not one of mine!


glitter-graphics.com

About our current apartment. We've lived here for almost 5 years. Every winter, we have heat problems. The last 4 years, we've taped up a Baggie full of ice cubes to the heat sensor to make it go on. This is after numerous calls to the landlady about no heat and several nights of freezing our asses off. And high electric bills from space heaters. Our kitchen ceiling has been "fixed"/ tiles replaced anywhere between 8--12 times in the last 5 years. It leaks bad. The back room off our bedroom is like a rainforest when it rains. We've had the ceiling come crashing down in the bathroom off the bedroom about 3 years ago. They redid the bathroom but I think maybe the landlady was cheap about it because the whole thing is just peeling away. There is at least 1 hole in the side of the house (that I know of but suspect many more). A bird flew into that hole the other day and flew by the Honeyman's eye. I ended up trapping it behind the blinds in our hallway window and got it outside in one piece.

Why stay here so long, you might ask. It's cheap (now we know why). It's convenient (my job is right up the street and my friends are all here). We didn't always have money for a security deposit. We figured if we chased the landlady long enough, she'd get around to fixing shit.

We were very wrong and now we've had enough.


glitter-graphics.com

Tonight we are looking at 3 apartments in the next town over. We've already looked at 7 or 8. Hopefully we'll have a place picked out by this weekend. I hate the physical act of moving but I love the whole fresh-new-start/opportunity-to-redecorate part.

My friend told me online this morning that my blog inspired her to restart her own but I have to give credit where credit is due and that is to Keely Kat at her blog: ADORKABLY SINFUL. Keely is a high school friend of mine while Nicole is a childhood friend. I had a blog (actually a few attempts at blogs) once upon a time but was extremely half-assed about it. I love reading people's blogs and see how they personalize it and I'm always jealous. So I saw Keely's and decided to make one last go of it. If I don't stick with it this time, I simply won't do it anymore. So hats off to Keely Kat and Nicole!

No comments:

Post a Comment